Monday, December 14, 2009

The road to Gasparilla...

Its here! Week one of 11 weeks of training for the Gasparilla Marathon in Feb 2010.
It was a tough decision to make. I know I wanted to run another one, but when and which one was another story. When it comes down to it, I have family and friends in Tampa so that one is the logical choice and of course it gives me a little more time to train. Not much, but a little!

So here I am in week one of training. I had to modify my schedule a little bit to accomadate for the shortened training period. This week will be a little hard, just getting back into the training part. I have been running since the MCM. I ran a 10 k with my sister on Thanksgiving and PR'd for that by over a minute and that was with hills so I am betting my time without hills would have been great for me. Then I would occasionally run 2 times or 3 times a week,about 4 miles each. So I haven't completely stopped.

This week will consist of a 3 mile, 5 mile, 5 mile, and a 10 miler. With a day of cross training at the gym. My schedule also has times to meet. That will be a challenge but it is made for a person that wants to finish in 4:15....thats an hour difference for me, but if I try my best to meet the times thats all I can do and then PR at the race. I might not get the 4:15 but it should be well under the 5:15 I had.

So again today is 3 miles at a 9:30 pace. That should be pretty easy. Thats a good one to start out with then I guess...lol

JM ....I'm bbbbbbaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkk!

1 comment:

  1. thanx. I'm all caught up with the Tracie news.

    John

    ReplyDelete