Saturday, October 17, 2009

Last long Run

I am sitting here humming/singing a song from Phantom of the Opera. I have no idea why, but I feel GOOD!
I ran my last long run today before the Marine Corps Marathon next weekend. The weather was great for a run. It was sunny but cold, and a little bit of a wind. I headed out on my run and thought to myself, wow its pretty cold out here. (mind you I am wearing my normal attire for warm weather)...its gonna be even colder in DC. I definitly better get a throw away jacket, and some gloves! My ears were starting to hurt a little from the cold air so I am going to pick me up a head band at the expo as well.
So as I ran ,the plan was to stay under 11:00 min miles.The "running"plan calls for 10:45 min miles. Well guess what, I did it! I ran all 10 with an average of 10:33. Well below the 11:00 planned. I am happy. It felt good, I felt like I could keep going. I wasn't out of breathe at all, it was great!
One more week left, and I won't be running much this week. A few miles here and there..its rest week. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment