Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time is Flying by

Well Folks we have just a little over 2 weeks until the big day! So exciting!!!!
I finally, after all this time, ran a 20 miler this past Saturday. I got up early (yes it was still dark, and for those that know me I rarely get up that early) and it was actually chilly out. I started my trek at 6 am. I ran on some roads I had wanted to run on but because there are no sidewalks and lots of traffic I was waiting for a time like this to run them. However to my dismay, they were BUSY for 6 am. I guess all the Alabamians looking for some sweet yard sale deals! Lol...so after a couple miles I got off those roads and ran into some communities to put the mileage on and most of the way after that was either communities or sidewalks. I stopped every 6 miles, for a slight break and then kept on going. In the final stretch I called home and asked for a bottle of water and and ice bath, and for my kids to come out and cheer me on. When I turned the corner they were there cheering me on. It felt really, really satisfying to cross that 20 miles mark! I was on a high the rest of the day.
I went to the gym today and ran 5 miles at a faster pace than normal. I felt fine, then changed and went to the pool. The pool was for fun though. No working out. I had Syd with me so it was a short visit to the pool.
I have an 8 miler planned for tomorrow and then on the weekend a 13 miler. After that I have to look at me schedule.
My goals have changed a little since I first started this blog. I wanted to finish MCM in 4:30, then it changed to 4:45, now my new one is just to finish sub 5 hours. I think I can, but I will be tough. It took me 4 hours and 10 mins to run the 20 miles on sat. Granted I was alone, so I am hoping that the adrenaline will kick in on race day, the excitement will push me a little harder, etc.
I have also found out that my stomach just does not like gels! In the past when I have ran my long runs and then I write on how sick I felt afterwards, I am pretty sure its been because of the gels. I have a sensitive stomach and G2 and water are the best things for it. i was completely fine this weekend running on that alone.
So what else.....all these different little topics all rolled up into one.... I think that is all I wanted to write about today. See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Thanks for the comment on my blog. So glad you got your 20 in. I too am sad I won't be there with you and the rest of the BRA peeps. :(

    I'll be following online and cheering as loud as I can!

    ReplyDelete