Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Catch Up!

I guess I have a lot to catch up on. I have been off of this for a bit now. I kind of just got into a funck and didn't really feel it. So where to begin...
Running has been going ok for the most part. My mileage is not up there but I almost feel fine about that cause it seems the more I try to run the more of a chance my knee will start hurting again. At least thats what the pattern seems to be. So I have been taking it easy focusing a little more on the long runs. For the past few weeks I have been tryingto run a 20 miler. It hasnt happened yet, maybe this week. I am running out of weeks to try. The first week I only made it to 14 ish. I was running dehydrated and felt absolutely horrible and I couldn't go any further. The second week I tried and I got to 18 and couldn't do any more ( I was running on the tredmill for that one )Running on the tredmill is so boring and hard to do really. And then this week I tried to knock out some but the weather wasn't cooperating and I hate running in thunderstorms so I had the hubby pick me up early.
The plan now for the next couple of days is try to do a 20 , if not than at least a 16. I only have 4 weeks left ( a little less now) and I start tapering in a couple although for me tapering is more like cutting down on just the mileage on the weekends.
Other than the long runs on the weekend, I have still been running everyother day or so 3-6 miles. I ran 6 miles on my birthday at the gym. I am still going to the Y to cross train, and go in the pool etc.
I have also still been trying to get together with this women that was looking for a partner but it hasn't worked out yet, still have some time to try though.
I also found out this week that 2 of my fellow running friends will not be coming to the Marathon due to injuries that have not healed yet. I am sadened by this but only wish the best for them and hope for a speedy recovery.
Some BRA shirts will be ordered soon which I am looking forward to. I might even wear it for the marathon we will see. I think that is about it for now.
I think the biggest thing going on right now is that I feel like I have slacked on the running due to lack of motivation and running partners and life in general. That in turn makes me nervous about finishing the marathon without a whole lot of trouble. I know I will finish but it may not be pretty towards the end.LOL
Alright thats it for now....maybe I will be back in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Try to get that 20 in this weekend if you can Tracie. It'll make a big difference. I am sad I am not going now as well, but what can you do? I'll be cheering you from the interwebs! ;)

    ReplyDelete