Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mind numbing

What is mind numbing do you ask? ........of course there is only one (ok 2 ) things that I can think of that cause this kind of reaction in a runner. The one I am talking about is the TREDMILL! Running, and running, and running on end with nothing to watch or look at except a white wall, the numbers and timers on the tredmill, the reflection off of an object. How boring! Thats was me yesterday.I ran 5 miles on the tredmill at about 9:40. The tredmill is in my garage and faces inside. It faces inside because Ian has a tv set up to play his video games or play guitar hero. There is no cable , no dvd, no vhs to watch. So I stared at the wall, I stared through the tv at the road and driveway in back of me, I did everything I could just to not look at the times and numbers. When I do....or catch a glimpse they are going sooooooooo sloooooooooowwwwww.
LOL!
I ran the 5 miles and I was so glad to get off afterwards.
I am going to the gym today to maybe swim, bike, etc.
On another note I came in contact with someone that is looking for a running partner over in Mobile. I think we may get together and run this weekend. I hope she is nice and I hope I dont slow her down too much. She says she runs about 9 min miles (not sure if that is for her longs runs) and that she also just did a marathon 2 weekends ago and has a few more scheduled before the end of the year. So it sounds like she runs a lot and may be faster. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment