Friday, July 17, 2009

Still in week 3

I wanted to write andupdate my blog. This week I ran on Tues and Wed. Tues sucked because by the time I got out it was like 9:30 at night. So I decided to run around the neighborhood to stay close to home. I brought a flashlight with meand the total distance in a circle around the neighborhood is exactly one mile. As I ran up the first hill I noticed a man walking..so of course kept an eye on him. As I kept running he was still there walking back and forth, I said hi to acknowledge he was there but recieved nothing back. By the third time around the flashlight had died and the street lights were turning off. I decided to cut the run short...one because it was very dark and 2 because I am running alone in the dark. I need to getmyself some mace just in case! Maybe I will feel a little safer. So needless to say I wanted to run 4 miles and I only got in 2.8 miles.
Wednesday I went for a run. It was sprinkling out but no thunder or lightening so I left the house and ran. By the time I got 1 mile and a half into it I see lightning! Urgh!!!! I don't like to be out in that. So I ran to the nearest building which was in a park type place and waited for like 15 mins. It finally started to stop and I started my run again. I finished my 4 miles pluse some to make up for the day before. So a total of 7 or so miles for the 2 days.
I really hate the fact that it is hot out. I would love to go run when Ian gets home from work but its too damn hot! So i have to wait which usually means storms, then the darkness hits. Thenext thing we are working on is getting and a/c unit for the garage so I can run ont he treadill and that is an anytime thing, which is a plus. The other thing that I may start to do is runn in the morning before ian goes to work. I watched the sun rise this morning and it was light out at about 5:45 so if I were to get up and go run then I would have about 45mins to get in a run. But can I get myself up that early. I am NOT a MORNING person! I barely sleep at night as it is so usually in the mornings I am SOOO tired that I need the sleep. We will see
I do plan on running today again..a 4-5 miler. My long run needs to be on Sundays I think. I may go with the group in the morning on Sunday to run we will see.
Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. man, it's one thing after another huh? get yourself a a/c for the treadmill stat!

    miss ya!

    ReplyDelete