Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 2

Its the beginning of week 2 in my trainging quest. I just finished running 5 miles and finished in an hour. I felt really good today. The first mile is always the hardest for me. My thighs always feel sooooo tired when I first start but into the third mile is when I feel my best. My knee started to ache a little in mile 4, and I started thinking to myself..oh no! Please don't twinge.....please don't twinge....but it worked itself out and didn't bother me the rest of the way. I am icing them at the moment and will take that good ole Motrin afterwards! My lovely husband put a bottle of ice cold water in the driveway for me so that in my last mile I would have a cold beverage to drink. Yum! (side note to self..had a chocolate refuel snack before heading on the run)
Tomorrow is my off day. Ian is going to help me cross train by using some weights and doing some leg exercises to strengthen the muscles I don't use so much..I am sure he will work me hard..hopefully anyway..exercise is not his strong suit.
Total for Sunday- 3miles
Monday- 5miles
Till tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment