Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Food

This is a different kind of blog from me today. I wasn't sure what to write about so the only thing that came to mind was food. Food is the staple of life and I LOVE food. Its almost noon and I am hungry already. I didn't have breakfast this morning because I had to get up and out of the house early andgo to the doctors. Now I am home eating a delicious blueberry muffin, warmed up with melted butter on top!
I also bought some pizza dough yesterday which I like to buy on occasion and make dough boys. For you southerners who don't know what a "true" dough boy is, it is like a funnel cake (in a way), its fried dough but it is allowed to rise the day before and you lightly fry it in a pan so the outside is slightly crispy and the middle is soft. Then you top it with your choice of topping; butter and sugar ( my favorite), or powdered sugar or cinnamon. Its probably one of the worst foods to eat. Absolutly no nutritional value but it reminds me of the good old days at grandmas. She used to make them for breakfast when we would sleep over. They were the best. So after all that is said, I took the dough out of the fridge and I am letting it rise.
I will be making spinach and olive calzones tomorrow. There is a little garlic, little olive oil, some mozzarella cheese and black olive, bake in the oven and then eat. I needed to change things up a bit food wise this week. By the way if you don't already know I HATE COOKING! I would rather 100 percent of the time, go out to eat!
What else will I try and cook this week....BBQ ribs, pasta salad, doughboys(with more dough), tilapia, for starters. Braumhauers is on Friday or Saturday.
Bramhauers is a restaurant that we like over here that has popcorn and trivia games and lots of food and beer etc. So we are going to go there as our night out this week. Have to have at least one a week for sanity purposes!
Anyways....I am still hungry....I will have to dig into the turkey now.
So thats my blog for the day...maybe it made some hungry maybe it make some not hungry..to each his own...I will have to burn some calories though for some of it :)

2 comments:

  1. good work on the blog, and looks like you have one more follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM. Dough boys sound delish. And so healthy! JK. Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete