Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shoes for the soul!

This past weekend I purchased a brand spanking new pair of sneakers. My first since Nov 08'. Yes, I was WAY overdue. I couldn't find any of the shoes that were on my list for the type of foot I had. So I tried on a few pairs, went to like 4 stores, and finally just bought a pair of asics 2140's. I had a pair of asics back in Oct and they gave me blisters during my half marathon. Due to my knee problems, I then went to a running store and they said I need a stability shoe. Ok so they gave me Saucony Guide. I can't remember if I got blisters or not...I kind of think I did but really I am not 100 percent on that. Well I wore these new sneakers 3 times so far. They are indeed stability shoes, and now I have blisters. The blisters are on the forefoot. Urghhhh! So now I am tasked with the dilema of trying to take them back and getting a different pair or waiting it out a little longer.
The main problem I am wondering about is the shoe guides on the internet. They all say I need a cushioned shoe, not a stability shoe, because I supinate not pronate! HUmmmmmm.....I am again in the minority here when it comes to the pronators of the world. So do I take the shoe back and try to find another one or what. My gut is telling me to take it back...I mean blisters after only 3 runs.....and they weren't even that long. Thats what I am thinking..... I hope someone gives me some direction on this problem.
Ok so as I said above, I ran again tonight. It was a beautiful evening, with a cooler air temp and it had rained all day so it was very pleasant outside. I ran my first 2 miles in 18:00...whoohooo. I haven't done that in a while..so then this leads me to my next pondering thought...could I have run to fast in my new shoes and thats why I got blisters. Well at any rate...the last 2 miles sucked cause I had to keep stopping and I was trying not to make them worse. So I got back around 43:00 minutes or so....for 4 miles.
I don't think I will run the next couple of days because I am heading up north for my moms birthday and I may drink a little too much tomorrow night! LOL....Maybe Sunday.....depends on the blisters and the shoes and the route. I have no idea about the routes in Birmingham.....
Sorry if my blog isn't caught up this weekend, but I will be sure to finish it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment