Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday Night Run

I haven't run all week and I have been missing it terribly! I wanted to rest up my knee and start trying to build up the muscles in my quads. Its Saturday which means I could run my long run today or get up early and run in the morning. Well I got the urge to run tonight instead. The plan was for 16, unfortunately I was only able to do 10. The main reason was because of the knee and the second was because it got dark out and I couldn't see where I was going!!! There are no street lights around so all I had for the last 2 miles were the oncoming cars hoping that they were paying attention and not drifting into the sidewalk. Luckily for me they all were..though one made me a little nervous! I took some motrin and am going to get the ice shortly. I am glad that it didn't start hurting at mile 5 again. At least this time it waited a little longer. I also have to check my times but I think I may have been a little faster tonight. I felt better anyway and not as tired. When I hook up the Garmin I will let you know how it was overall. I am stating to think my goal of a sub 4:30 is not going to happen. It looks more and more like it will be a 5 er.....crying!!!!!!!! I still have hope..... I may have to drug my knee up the day before. so I will make it...heheheh...
Other than this evenings run I did go to the gym today but I was in the pool I didn't lift any weights. I swam a little. They say the pool is good for you.....we will see if all these weights and swimming in the pool helps in the long run.
See you all tomorrow!

1 comment: