Monday, August 3, 2009

Back from a long weekend away

It is Monday, August 3, 2009. We got back last night from a long weekend away in North Carolina. We visited friends and family and had a good time. I went running once while was there. They don't have sidewalks there either!!! Whats up with that???? We dont have sidewalks or street crossing lights here either. I ran in my best friends neighborhood..I ran 4 miles. I did not get to run my long run but I am going to steep it up this week and still stay on the plan week.

At least it rained already tooday. I am thinking of running at the gym tonight though because I would like to get in a class or some weights and possibly run on the treadmill then go for a nice cooling, relaxing swim afterwards. Sounds so nice! I had so much to do today that the day has gone by so quickly..which is good because usually my days drag on and I take an afternoon nap...not today! :)

This weeks plan is 26 miles total and 12 for the long run. The time is getting closer. I have been checking into plane tickets and I still need to look into the hotel. So Bethy if you read this don't forget to ask D!!!

I also need to go get another ipod or mp3 player. I need that on my long run. it helps take my mind off the miles and entertain mea little. I had one. It was about a year old and I used it one time when I got to Alabama..then guess what..apparently I sweated a little too much and short circuited it! LOL ! Damn..guess I have to get a waterproof one now...so I do have to look for a new one.
Will update soon..I promise......JM!

1 comment:

  1. A cooling swim does sound really nice. Get your ticket soon sister! Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete